Real Weddings- Alex & Shannon
Where did you meet?
Alex and Shannon met on an online dating app
How did the proposal happen?
It was late January and Alex was about to finish his operator training course at his new job. He had been planning to propose to Shannon for some time and with graduation coming up fast he saw an opportunity to surprise her. He asked her to clear her schedule for that Saturday because he wanted to celebrate the completion of his training. A simple dinner by the beach was all he told her, she had no idea what he was planning.
The two went to a nice early dinner at Nicks on 2nd. Shannon was probably wondering why he wanted to eat dinner at 2:30 in the afternoon. The timing (and sunset) needed to be just right for what Alex had planned next. Shortly after they arrived at their destination on the water, a gondola ride through the Naples canals in Belmont Shore. They set off on a romantic cruise and soon came across what looked to be some trash floating in the water. The gondolier asked if Shannon would mind grabbing the "trash" so he could dispose of it. But when she picked it out of the water she found it was a message in a bottle, and the note inside was for her!
Shannon, not sure what to think of this strange situation, removed the cork and note from the bottle. It read: "Shannon, I love you to he moon and back", she smiled and then realized there was more writing toward the bottom of the page. She unrolled the scroll all the way and saw it was a question: "will you marry me?" Alex got down on one knee and presented the ring (comprised of heirloom gold and diamonds from both sides of their families) to her. And as you can see, she said YES!
What was the deciding factor of having your Wedding at Recreation Park Golf Course?
With Shannon’s background in Post Coordinating and Managing, she was used to finding the best bang for her buck. After weighing all her options, Rec park was hands down the best fit. Rec Park was able to cater to Shannon’s needs. A mobile pizza oven to be exact. Also, Shannon felt that the communication between her and the venue representative was very communicable and helpful.
What were the highlights of the Ceremony? The highlights of the ceremony would have to be:
- First and foremost, Alex and Shannon got to marry their best friend!
- The way our families finished decorating the gazebo.
- The chairs were angled in diagonally, which allowed everyone sitting down to have a better view of the isle.
- The flowers in the garden around the gazebo had bloomed, which made the photos look so alive.
What were the highlights of the Reception?
The highlights of the reception
Where do we begin:
- The moment Alex & Shannon began their first dance, you could tell this was the moment they have been waiting for. That song has been “Their Song” since the first month they started dating.
- The staff went above and beyond to ensure that the room and cocktail area were setup appropriately to accommodate the number of guests. (i.e: Chairs, Table setup for DJ, gifts, favors, etc)
- The energy in the room
- The photobooth was setup outside with was great because that allowed for more room inside the reception area, and created a multi purpose use for the cocktail area.
- Great Dane, did an amazing job on taking Alex & Shannon’s vision of their wedding cake and making it a reality.
- Venue- Recreation Park Golf Course
- Photographer- Lisa Marie Photographie
- Videographer- Michael Dorfman (Freelance)
- Day of Coordinator(s) – Different Events
- DJ- A Night To Remember DJs
- Dress- David’s Bridal à Bridesmaids Dresses- Azazie
- Shoes- Bells Outlet
- Flowers- Penelope Pots
- Hair & Make-up- Susie Chhuor Hair
- Grooms Suit- Friar Tux
- Cake- Great Dane Bakery
- Photo Booth - A Night To Remember DJs
- Officiant- Godmother
- Stationary- Handmade by Me! (Shannon Allard)