Real Wedding - Ali & Bill
Ali and Bill were married at Lomas Santa Fe Country Club in Solana Beach, California on March 18, 2017 among their closest family and friends.
How They Met
We actually met at a Tim McGraw concert during the fires that raged through California. We were both evacuated - me from our apartment and Bill from Camp Pendleton when he was an active duty marine. We've been together ever since!
Bill proposed in the company of my parents and his in our living room when his parents came out from Maryland to meet mine for the first time. He had my mom FaceTime my sister and her boyfriend in San Francisco so she could be there in spirit. He got permission from my dad six months prior, and proposed with my great grandmother's ring.
I love vintage, pin-up culture and wanted to channel that for my look. My overall theme was inspired by The Great Gatsby. Some of the personal touches I felt were unique to our ceremony included a champagne tower and whiskey/cigar bar for our guests, which everyone loved.
Favorite Wedding Day Moments
My favorite moment from that day was when I was standing at the top of the stairs with my dad looking down at all our family and friends and "edelweiss" started playing - the song my mom used to sing to me - and I saw Bill in his tux smiling at me for the very first time. It was magical.
Bill's favorite moment from that day was, "having our first dance as a married couple to a song that we both love surrounded by a room full of people whom we truly enjoy and care about.”
- Venue: Lomas Santa Fe Country Club
- Florals: Evermore Floral Co
- Cake: Sweet Cheeks Baking Company
- Furnishings: Concepts Event Design (linens, chairs, rentals)
- Music: Paul Peterson DJ
- Photography: Dominique Labrecque, photography & photo booth
- Hair & Makeup: Justine Werline
- Stationary: Wedding Paper Divas
- Registry: Blueprint Registry online
- Groom: Men's from Friar Tux
- Bridesmaids: Lulu's Online
- Officiant: Mark Anderson, Natalie's father
- Bride: Wedding gown purchased at Here Comes The Bride
- Bridal Accessories: Archive Bridal